Our Saviour Early Childhood is a community of children, families and teachers committed to learning and growing through a process of research and discovery. We aim to create a nurturing and stimulating environment in which children's curiosity is respected, creativity valued, and collaborations supported. We seek to strengthen our connection to resources in our world, including our community, neighborhood, city, and natural and found materials. Our hope is that during their time at Our Saviour and beyond, children will deepen their love of learning, develop a thoughtful awareness of themselves and others, and have the confidence to pursue their passions.
In a high-quality nursery program, teachers provide children with the skills necessary to enter pre-kindergarten and to be successful learners. In these high-quality programs, children develop and learn how to interact with others, share, wait their turn, and listen. They will learn the letters of the alphabet, sing songs, write their names and basic reading words, play in a center based environment, and work with the teachers in small groups through a theme based curriculum.
Every child that is registered for our Nursery program for the 2016/17 school year is automatically provided a seat for the free Pre-K For All program in the 2017/18 school year.
Student and Family Goals
• Learn to work and play cooperatively.
• Develop muscular coordination through physical activities, games, block building, painting, etc.
• Express onself through discussion, story-telling, dramatization, and art materials.
• Share ideas and materials
• Acquire a positive self iimage by gaining independence in caring for materials and oneself.
• Have positive attitudes towards school, learning, and adult guidance through success orientated experiences
• Aquire Reading Readiness Skills
• Acquire simple number concepts
Healthy Nutrition - Free Breakfast, Lunch and Snack
Our Saviour is committed to serving a healthy breakfast, lunch and snack. Our breakfast consists of yogurt, fresh fruit, whole grain cereals, granola bars, juice, and milk.
Lunch is catered in by Red Rabbit LLC. They provide healthy lunch for NYC's Pre-K classrooms. Our snack in made in house and typically is fresh fruit, cheeses, graham crackers, milk and juice.
• Seven (7) Full-Day - Full-Time seats available at Church Campus
• Three (3) Full-Day - 3-Day a week seats available at Main Campus
• A current physical and immunizations from your doctor
• All students must be toilet trained
• Classes have both three and four year old students
• 8:00am to 2:45pm
• All of our teachers are NYC Certified and hold a Masters degree in Early Childhood Education