64-33 Woodhaven Blvd
Rego Park, NY, 11374
Please read the job description below and if you are interested in being contacted, please fill out the form at the end of this page. Thank you, Warren Castellani, Executive Director.
Please no phone calls.
A Lead Teacher is responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment. Additionally a Lead Teacher is responsible to work together with an Assistant Teacher and in conjunction with the entire faculty. You must have experience working with children between the ages of 4 and 5 1/2 years old. A degree in the education field is required or you must be perusing this degree with proof of transcripts. Hours would be 7:30:00am-3:00pm Monday through Friday.
A Lead Teacher must meet the qualifications as set forth by the NYCDOE, including the following:
* Ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid
* Ability to speak and be understood under normal circumstances
* Ability to handle crisis situations, especially where children are involved
* Ability to respond immediately to emergency situations
All candidates, who wish to be considered for the position of Lead Teacher must meet one or more of the following criteria, in addition to any/all requirements that may be mandated by their state and/or local licensing authorities:
* A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development.
* A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field, including 18 semester hours of completed coursework related to young children birth to age 8 (Study Program).
* Birth to 2 Initial or Permanent Certification or proof that you are working towards one.
* Proof of current and active enrollment in an accredited Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree program in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
Lead Teacher Responsibilities
Advance children’s physical and intellectual competence
* Adapt program to meet the individual needs of each child
* Create a multi-cultural learning environment
* Provide a variety of developmentally appropriate materials
* Interact with the children to support play, exploration and learning
* Encourage children to talk with each other and with the faculty
* Present age- and developmentally-appropriate expectations for all children
* Create a print-rich environment in order for children to learn about books, literature and writing
* Encourage creativity through art, music, dramatic play and blocks
* Provide a reasonable balance between teacher-directed and child-directed activities
* Provide opportunities for both active and quiet play
* Integrate GSI resources (including Enrichment Programs) into lesson plans
Establish positive and effective family relations
* Communicate, in a professional manner, with families and faculty
* Encourage families to become an integral part of their children’s learning experiences
* Provide opportunities (e.g., conferences) in which families are made to feel a part of their children’s learning experiences
* Prepare a Daily Activity Report for each child
* Maintain a portfolio for each child
* Maintain the classroom Parent Board
Ensure an effective program, responsive to children’s needs
* Assess supplies and materials needed to implement activities
* Build teamwork
* Develop lesson plan books and posted lesson plans
* Manage classrooms according to Quality Standards
* Perform child observations and document in their portfolios
* Use assessment tools (eg, Progress Reports, Children’s Progress)
Maintain professional commitment
* Support a code of ethical conduct
* Pursue professional development/continuing education
* Attend faculty meetings, in-service days, conferences and professional growth opportunities
We are open to interviewing quality candidates who are on a study plan to full certified. Our Saviour believes we hire for motivation, dedication, talent, team player skills, and energy and the rest we can work on together.
* We follow the program set forth by the Office of Early Childhood, NYC Queens
$40,000.00 for Study Plan (BA) for a staff without previous education degree
$45,000.00 for Study Plan (MA) for a staff non-certified
$50,000.00 for certified teacher with an education degree
There is a $2,500 signing bonus provided by the NYCDOE for certified teachers.
We provide up to 90% of health care and dental costs for an individual and partial pay for other family structures.
We provide a friendly, healthy and fun work environment for our staff.
Here is our Job Link on Zip Recruiter.
If you would like to be considered for the Lead Teacher position at our Main Campus, please take a minute to email the Director, Warren Castellani, and he will be in contact.